ShareVista Investment Software
Data Update Methods
The software's database can be updated via the following methods.
- The supplied separate data downloader software SVDD
- The built in data downloader
- Citifeed (either update directly using your Citifeed account details or place Citifeed files in the update folder)
- Placing update files in the update folder (supported formats are shown below)
Data Update File Formats
Files that can be read by the software are these CSV (comma separated variables) formats.
- Code(symbol), Date, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume
- Date, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, AdjClose (file name must be code (symbol))
- Date, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume (file name must be code(symbol))
- Code(symbol), Close (Citifeed format)
- Code(symbol), Open, Close, High, Low, volume (Citifeed+ format)
- Zipped: Code(symbol), Close (zipped Citifeed format)
- Zipped: Code(symbol), Open, Close, High, Low, volume (zipped Citifeed+ format)
- Name, Code(symbol), Close (file name is the date)
Citifeed Data Update Files
The share price database can be updated with Citifeed or Citifeed+ ZIP files obtained from Financial Express (www.citifeed.co.uk
The software will read these ZIP files directly and there is no need to extract (unzip) the update files from the ZIP file first. However, the software can also read unzipped Citifeed data.
The software will also read Citifeed+ OCHLV (open,close,high,low,volume) ZIP files directly but will currently only make use of the closing price within this data.
Citifeed Data Update Files Price
Citifeed currently costs £35 + VAT per year.
Citifeed can be ordered from the Citifeed website: www.citifeed.co.uk
Copyright © sharevista.co.uk - 2014